Riazzi's Italian Garden
Mon - Thurs 11am - 9pm
The Riazzi family has been making great food since the 1930s. Their first family restaurant was located in Pennsylvania.
Then in 1947, the Riazzi family opened the first Riazzi's in the Valley. In the late '40s and '50s, the Riazzis had restaurants
in such locations as McDowell and at Van Buren and 52nd Street. They have been giving the valley residents something to smile about, with their homemade pastas, pizzas, sauces, and desserts.
Today, Riazzi's Italian Garden is still one of the valley's finest! A family tradition!
Yields: 2 servings
1/2 lb. Penne pasta
1/8 cup Olive oil
2 tbsp. Fresh garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup Sun dried tomatoes
1/2 cup Medium Mushrooms, Sliced
1/2 cup Zucchini, 1/8th inch thick slices then halved
2 tbsp. Fresh basil, coarsely chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/8 cup White wine
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
• Boil 4 Quarts of water in a large sauce pan and add 2 tsp salt then add the Penne. Follow the instruction on the pasta package for cooking times (approx. 8-10 minutes). Drain pasta set aside.
• Heat large sauté pan or skillet over medium-high heat then add the olive oil, garlic, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, zucchini, salt & pepper.
• Saute for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently then add the wine and basil then cook for another 2 minutes or until the zucchini begins to soften.
• Add the pasta and half the parmesan cheese and stir or toss and serve.
• You can use the remaining cheese to sprinkle over the pasta before eating.